Pages

Friday, 8 April 2016

Rippa Rugby

Rippa Rugby Tournament

It all began with a bright shining morning in Tautoro before our Rippa Rugby team had left to go to Whangarei to play against other schools.

About an hour later we had arrived at the rugby grounds in Hikurangi. Heaps of schools had already turned up and were already training. “Come on” yelled Konrad let's start training. We had to get ready to play our games so that we can win them all games to get to the Toll Stadium for the finals. Anyway, when the hooter rang, I ran to Whaea Meri straight away and asked her if it was our turn but she said it was after at least 2 rounds. I quickly snatched the ball out of Konrads hand when he wasn’t looking. I yelled out to Kura and asked her if she wanted to do some training before it was time for our turn to play.

“Beeeeeeeeeep” it was our turn and this is the part when I was nervous but also happy. “Who are we versing” asked my team “Kerikeri Blue”. Not long after we had asked who we were playing the whistle blew and we all began to guard dog the other team. Then not long the team that we had played knocked on the ball. “Swing it Konrad” I yelled at the top of my lungs “Yup” replied Konrad. So he threw the ball out to me and then I ran as fast as I could “RIP” yelled the ref I didn’t realised I had got ripped until he said. I tapped the ball and then I threw it out to Harmony and she caught it and she started running “GO HARMONY” I yelled and screamed. She just got to the try line and then she got ripped “Hard luck” I said then I tapped her on the back and carried on playing. “Konrad it’s clear out here throw it” he threw a low as pass.  I could feel myself almost crawling, I hope I don´t fall on the ground. But I still caught it and ran as quick as a fox  just by the try line , I dived and got the try. “Yahoo!” everybody that was on the try line were all cheering because I scored a try for our team.

Lastly we had finally won our final game by one point. Whaea went to go ask what we had to do after we had won the last game we played. She came back with a big smile on her face and told us that we had won our game and that we were going to Toll Stadium in Whangarei. We then got our certificates and took a photo with two of the refs and the rest of our team.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Letisha.
    I enjoyed your post. The part I think is the best was a bright shinny
    morning. From sheyahni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi letisha
    I enjoyed your post the best part was when you scored a try and all of your punctuation and that yous won. blog you later can you check out my blog http://tskayah.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.